Friday, August 23, 2019

Zooming and Zipping – August 14, 2019


George and Roxanne have done this before. I have not. My thing with heights has kept this from being one of my top priority activities. However, it was time to get out and see what it’s like to fly through the forest canopy.

Just outside Barnardsville, there is a zip line course that includes a 3600’ long run, reaching a speed of 65mph, while crossing over a ravine at a height of more than 350’. Armed with this information, along with a pre-run orientation warning us of numerous inherent dangers and advising us not to carry anything we did not want to permanently lose, I was (sort of) ready to go!


Roxanne is cleared for landing...


 George is arrested (you know what I mean)...


 A race to the finish...

Living out in the forest requires lots of daily chores. So, after our morning fun it was time to get back to camp and gather firewood.
 


Next: Whitewater Rafting

1 comment: